Places You Might Have Seen Posts-
“The Nightstand Collective” A photo and information about my nightstand- but it’s all about a look at chronic illness through nightstands. February 2017
“Soaring Insulin Prices Prompt Insurance Shift” article in USA Today by Jayne O’Donnell– I’m quote towards the end! December 2016
“Treating Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and Diabetes” post by Ginger Vieira on A Sweet Life– December 2016
Back on Diabetes Connections (with CDN Students) about the College Diabetes Network. – November 2016
Talking about the College Diabetes Network at the end of this TuDiabetes Talks Episode with Diabetes Hands Foundation – October 2016
“Mindy- Diabetes and Mental Health” Guest post about mental health and diabetes on Lyfebulb– July 2016
“Being a Diabetes Medical Supply Hoarder” Guest post about insurance/being a supplies hoarder on Beyond Type 1– June 2016
“Part of the Change” guest post about everyday advocacy-especially in school! on Diabetes Patient Advocacy Coalition (DPAC). April 2016
“The CDN Changed my Life” (YEAH IT DID) guest post about my involvement in CDN on Beyond Type 1– April 2016
“My Fight for Information” guest post on T1International about finding information for a paper and health insurance. March 2016.
“Plot Twist!“ guest post on Diabetes Daily Grind about adulting with Diabetes. February 2016.
“Thrive Guide for Young Adults“ in the September/October 2015 edition of Diabetes Forecast. A CDN opportunity that I got involved with during my last semester of college. (see #3 and #6)
“For One Week Each Year, I’m Not the Only One.” (Page 2) – Lilly’s Caring for Camps overview. Late Summer/Early Fall 2015
Diabetes Connections- The College Diabetes Network – Podcast with Stacey Simms at Diabetes Connections about the College Diabetes Network- August 2015
“Kitty!! And Other Low Tales” – Guest post about my persistent lows at Six Until Me– August 2015
“My Diabetes Advocacy Journey“ – Guest blog for Lilly about the CDN 2015 Retreat including a mini snapshot of my journey with CDN. -July 2015
Tandem‘s Second Ever Featured User. May 2015
- “Why I Celebrate the Day I Was Diagnosed with Diabetes” – March 2017
- “Health Shouldn’t be Political”– January 2017
- “When All My Health Problems are Blamed on my Diabetes” – January 2017
“mini” blog series about my PCOS diagnosis the summer of 2016.
- “When Diagnoses Collide- PCOS and Diabetes“– July 2016
- “PCOS Raises Many Questions” – Aug 2016
- “Why Not Talk about Diabetes and PCOS?” – Sept 2016
- “Now We’re Getting Somwhere- with Endometriosis too” -Sept 2016
- “PCOS and Endometriosis- It’s Psychosocial Too“- Oct 2016
- “The Costs of Endometriosis and PCOS” – Oct 2016
- “Birth Control Makes It a Little Easier“- Nov 2016
- “Just Like Insulin, Birth Control is a Management Tool, Not a Cure” -Dec 2016
- “What ‘New Year, New Me’ Means to Me” -Jan 2017
- “Can We Get Rid of This Period Already?” -Feb 2017
- “I’d Rather Skip Some of the Parts of ‘Feeling Like a Woman’” -March 2017
- “I Struggle with PCOS and Type 1 Diabetes” – Guest Post about my initial PCOS diagnosis
- “I Never Aged Out of Diabetes Camp” guest post about volunteering at Diabetes Camp – April 2016
- “My Lost Year with Diabetes Burnout.“ guest post about Diabetes Burnout – November 2015
- “7 Tips for Supporting an Anxious Person with Type 1”– Guest post about anxiety and T1D- August 2015
“UGA’s Amazing Students: Mindy Bartleson”– I was honored to be selected as an Amazing Student at the University of GA for the week of February 1, 2015.
Outstanding Senior Leader– I was recognized as an Outstanding Senior Leader at UGA Spring Semester of 2015
Dawgs for Diabetes won a SOAR, Student Organizations Achievement and Recognition, Award for Most Innovative Initiative for The Campus Tour a Diabetes Perspective.
Dawgs for Diabetes represented CDN on CNN in January of 2015!
“Dawgs for Diabetes helps children, supports Diabetes Awareness Month” article in the Athens Banner-Herald/Online Athens – November 2013
Talk of the Town. Local television episode talking about Dawgs for Diabetes. Spring 2013.
- CDN Staff Bio. Joined the team May 2015, involved throughout college.
- “Celebrating Another Diaversary“– My first ever guest blog (anywhere) about my diagnosis! -March 2014
- “Student Review: Tandem Tslim“– Guest blog about switching to my new pump! -Feb 2015
- “Welcome Mindy Bartleson to the CDN Team”– Guest blog written to announce my new role at CDN in Boston. -April 2015
- “Transitions and Transformations” – Guest blog written with Sarah Gibson (Chapter Leader of D4D 2015-2016) about our transition of leadership in our chapter! -May 2015
- “Bridging the Gap: CDN Starts Mailing…“- Guest blog written about the start of “Off to College” mailings in the CDN Office. -August 2015
- “Let’s talk about advocacy“ Guest blog written about my take on advocacy/what I have been involved in with CDN in regards to advocacy. -November 2015
Reposted on Diabetes Daily
Disclaimer- I do not have any kind of medical degree (science and math are not my thing). My views are also my own and do not reflect where I work or any groups I am involved in. This is not medical or psycho-social advice. Please consult your doctor. Everyone also has different stories. experiences, and views. Please respect those- including mine. -thanks!
Hey you! Yes, you!
If you enjoyed this post, please comment and share. I’d also appreciate your feedback.
and of course-don’t forget to keep up with “There’s More to the Story” via email! (Right sidebar towards the top).